Black Obsidian cleanses negative energy from our bodies, minds, and spirit. It’s born out of fast cooling lava, which flows from volcanos. It may also draw out the tension and stress from the body and replace it with relaxation and calm.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural.
What it is:
Gua sha is a simple and gentle technique that will increase circulation and lymphatic flow in your face. Practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years, the gua sha tool was built to have a firming and lifting effect on the skin. If you’ve ever felt tension on your face, around your jaw, or between your brows, gua sha might be the tool you’re missing.
What it does:
Using a jade gua sha tool at home essentially gives your face a mini workout ― you are stimulating blood circulation, which increases the amount of oxygen + nutrients to the skin, which can improve skin health.
- Dramatically increases microcirculation
- Improves Lymphatic Drainage
- Reduces swelling and puffiness
- Lifts and Tones the skin
- Reduces sagging and loose skin
- May decrease fine lines and wrinkles
Pair it with our TLC Dry Oil for safe and gentle practice.
- Relax, take deep breaths, and move slowly with intention.
- Hold the tool or stone flat and connected to the skin with light to medium pressure.
- Start with your neck, always. The neck is responsible for what is happening with your face, really take your time in the neck area and be gentle, lots of lymph nodes in that area.
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after gua sha.
- Practice this ritual as often as daily or two to three times a week in the morning or night.
- For best results, perform each movement 5-10 times per area
- Avoid working on problem areas, breakouts, open wounds, raised scars, or any irritations.
- If you recently had Botox, wait three to four weeks or talk to your doctor.
- Avoid working on any areas with filler.